24 January 2008

(pardon any knitting-rage-verbage that may follow)

I’m making this stupid baby sweater for my aunt to give as a gift at a baby shower… tomorrow. She asked me to make it… last Thursday, neglecting to tell me when she needed it by.. until last Saturday when she complained about my progress.

It looks cute on the demo baby (on the pattern sheet), but sadly this has got to be the most poorly written (at least as far as my brain is willing to translate things) ever.

I made some minor mods (like knitting it in the round). So far, while knitting it, I have come up with ways to write a new pattern entirely, (the only things they have in common are “baby” “sweater” and “size six needles”) to make a sweater I am totally stoked about. Unfortunately, due to the timeline I’ve been given, I kind of have to finish this one as is, and as written.

I am down to the sleeves and “finishing”.

Did I mention that I am not happy with how it is turning out, and feel that someone needs to get their butt over here right about… NOW.. with a six month old baby for me to try it out on?

ps. this placket is retarded. or I am. or quite possibly both.

while this project isn’t one i’ve had in the works for a very long period of time.. its definitely one I feel myself running the other direction from finishing.

I want to FROG FROG FROG, or, throw it into the big blue bin of WIPs and UFOs and run in the other direction.

Possibly eat a brownie. Or a pan of them.

Have any tips for trying to make yourself finish a project you’re really not “feeling” ?

No comments: